It seems that we all want to be blessed. And our God does graciously bless us even if it is some times hard for us to see. If you are going through your days and it seems there are no blessings for you, and you’re wondering why God doesn’t seem to be throwing anything good your way, you can look to the Word of God and read about His blessings. Some blessings He just gives because of who He is. Your God is good. Do you know that?…I mean it friends – God is good. Other blessings that we see in His Word come to us because of things that we do which glorify Him. They are blessings because of his love and our obediance. I’ve searched my Bible and found lots of blessings that God promises us today in return for actions that glorify Him.
- Don’t listen to the Word, do what it says… then God will bless you for doing it. James 1:22a and 1:25b
- Give generously… not grudgingly for the Lord your God will bless you. Deuteronomy 15:10.
- Be obedient and you will be blessed. Deuteronomy 28:2.
- Be godly and you will be blessed. Psalm 5:12.
- Fear the Lord. Psalm 115:13
- Have your strength in the Lord. Psalm 84:5
- Patiently endure testing and temptation and you will be blessed. James 1:12.
- Bring in all your tithes and He will pour out a blessing so great. Malachi 3:10.
- Realize your need for Him. Matthew 5:3.
These are just some of the ways I found that we can strive to do our part in order to receive a blessing. Give God the glory, and in return, He promises His blessings upon us. Keep your motive focused on God and doing these things for Him and He will give you what His Word promises.
Today there is a simple place to start prayer & reading the word. Start with prayer. Then add reading the word. Then be really take to heart to do what it says. It is as simple as any other great relationship in the beginning. If you love some one you want to talk to them. We say we love God but are we always anxious to spend time with him. If you desire to know some one you talk to them. If we say we know God but we don’t pray or read his word how well can we get to know him? If we love someone we desire to please them, to do wha they ask of us. If we say we love God but do not care about what he asks of us how much of a relationship do we really have?
No matter where we are at in our walk with Christ we can go deeper. I encourage you today to be blessed. God wants to bless you beyond measure. He is simply waiting for you to show up.
May you be blessed and encouraged in your walk with Christ.
Cindy Witt & Annette Burke ©
4her Ministries Inc. All Rights Reserved.